Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cheap Date

After a long week of work, and the whole weekend off, I decided that I wanted a date night with the boy. We tossed around the idea of going out to eat. Nothing fancy, maybe to an Applebees or Chilis. Naw. I didn't want any of that. Neither did I want Chinese, Mexican, or Thai. Then we thought about skipping a nice dinner, and just going out. Find a band. Find a seat. Find some drinks. Naw. Then I thought, Let's have a date night here!

We drove down to the local liquor store and gave it a walk through. I wanted to try something new, instead of the same old domestics that I always drink. I chose a Spring Sampler Pack of New Belgium Beer. Spring was in the air, and the box looked cool and retro. The boy, after much deliberation, chose 6 random beers and made a sampler of his own.













We drove home. The boy did research on the beers he had selected, I naturally dove right into mine. We both jumped up on the couch, put up the Netflix channel, and agreed on watching past seasons of Saturday Night Live. Only 3 beers later was I done, which is kinda lame, ha ha. The boy, not really being into beer, drank one and was done. By then, it was already tickin to midnight. At some point I fell asleep on the couch, and the boy had to wake me up and guide me up stairs to the bed.



All in all, it was a nice, and cheap date night. Instead of us spending mucho monies on a meal, then add drinks on top of that, our bill would have easily amounted to $50.00+. If we had just went out to a bar, again, our bill would still have been around $30.00, plus we would have lost the intimacy of each other. And most likely return home smelling like cigarette smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment