Thursday, May 19, 2011

Things I'll Never Do...

...Psyche! Just a quick list of life's little punch lines; Things that I said I would never do, but in fact ended up doing such things. Some I am thankful for, and some I regret but am better for.

1) Smoking-I remember that I was 4 when I puffed my first cigarette. Now don't feel pity, or say that I had bad parenting. My father smokes, and would often toss his cigarette butts in the driveway (late he would pick them up). I snuck behind out beat up old Chevy, and inhaled on a discarded butt. Disgusting. That experience, and the countless health classes in school that say "SMOKING IS BAD AND YOU WILL BE ADDICTED FOREVER AND DIE", put my off of ever trying to smoke again. Then you hit college, and in that 'experimental phase' and try everything. I'm not chronic smoker, but I do like to have a stick every now and again. Mostly just a social thing I guess.

2) Dye My Hair-Yep. I have said this time and time again. Had a girls night out (well a girls night in actually, you should try it sometime) and we all bought hair dye. It didn't take much peer pressure for me mind you, again I was in college, but I started with horrible red streaks. Since then, I dye my hair with henna. It's natural, chemical free, smells good (I think), and it's fun to do. Check it out here.


Me, being fresh, as well as showing of my terrible red streaks


3) Join a Sorority-Buying friends. Yep. That's what I thought when I was still in high school. How wrong I was. Went to college. Found an organization that I felt fit me, Zeta Tau Alpha. And pledged. Most of the girls were great. I have great memories. And have made life long friends. And think of it this way, most clubs, organizations, groups, etc, have due money. So what is the difference between girls scouts and a sorority?

Life's funny sometimes huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment