Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hey, Do you want this?

It's funny how much you don't realize what you have, or the gifts the Universe grants you. It's so easy for me to get caught up on the unfortunate forces in my life, the little nuisances of the everyday mundane. To sit in stale anger or bitterness, which brings nothing constructive, is a stall.

But there is so much that I'm granted, given everyday. It's there, if I just look for it. I'm trying to be proactive in my approach to my emotions. I'm trying to focus on what I have, what the Universe wraps in little petite paper with a gift tag that reads 'From: The Universe To: Sarah' with a secret message for me 'Things really aren't as bad as they seem, look what I am giving you.'
Things don't even have to be bad. It could be a completely usual day. I often am stuck in the same routine day after day, with little room for variance. At times, I'm so bound to the usual, that I miss what the Universe is giving me, or trying to tell me. "Hey! Look out the window!" or "Listen up!"

By become more...mindfulness, I have been able to see what is around me. Bad dinner menu at the cafeteria, don't complain, because the Universe left me cookies to munch on in the break room. Need new work uniforms? Don't buy, someone at work is giving hers away for free. Stranded in the ordinary? Look out the window, there's a beautiful arching rainbow.

The Universe has constant reminders, that it hasn't forgotten us. That I, we, everyone is here for a reason, a purpose. I just have to open up my whole self to see the big package.

I can't wait to see what the Universe has in store for me today. What did the Universe bestow upon you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment